Pages


Friday, April 8, 2011

Fashion Friday: Oh Gucci Bag...

Who doesn't surf the web when they really should be working on something else?

I frequently get distracted from studying or just get plain bored and can't keep my mind on my coursework. Obviously, not a good thing.

Recently, during one of my sidetracks, when I should have been doing an assignment, I found love.

Among a hefty number of bags I was viewing, I came upon this Gucci 'handmade' large top handle bag with woven web detail! Once I laid my eyes on it, I knew that it was the one. It was love at first sight. Seriously, it was a bells chiming/string quartet symphony playing worthy moment.

Where do I begin? This bag has a classic look. When I look at it, I instantly recall Princess Grace Kelly and the famous Hermes Kelly bag named in her honor. The belt and lock closure complete with a leather key holder and tag are very much a la Kelly. This most definitely sets off the classic timeless look. Unlike the iconic Kelly bag, this Gucci bag has double handles more reminiscent of the Hermes Birkin bag. That's just the beginning.

The bag gains it's overall immediate inspiration from a distant bohemian ambiance. This is what makes me love it even more. The bag was created utilizing dark brown hand-stained leather along with antique gold hardware. This gives it a wonderful rustic look. Just the way I like it! The interior contains a beautiful suede lining and its double handles are hand woven with a 3.5" drop. The woven web detail is gorgeous and greatly adds onto the bohemian vibe.

This arm accessory says, "That girl's got expensive taste."

The color is exquisite, the size is ideal, the look is classic chic, it screams bohemian; and that's why I love it oh so much!

At $5300, the price tag is pretty steep but hey, a girl can dream.

It is remarkable how these drastically differing styles are blended together in complete unison and complement each other in such a perfectly harmonious manner. The proof can be seen below:




Oh, Gucci bag, you're more than anything I thought I ever wanted in a bag.
I wish you the best & hope you are happy with someone else.


No comments: