Pages


Saturday, April 2, 2011

Suffer

As a birthday present for my brother, I painted the iconic image of the burning boy from Bad Religion's Suffer album cover on the sleeve of his leather jacket.


Leather isn't the easiest thing to paint on. To start off, I outlined the image on the sleeve with white charcoal and than painted it in with a thick layer of white acrylic paint. After the base coat dried, I was able to draw the image on in pencil. I later went back and traced various portions in black charcoal. This allowed me to see everything much more clearly. After that, I was ready to start painting.

I did everything in portions because it took several days to finish. This was completed between classes or whenever I had free time.

This is how it turned out:




















I hope you like it Frank!

In this picture: Frank with Bad Religion's Greg Hetson

No comments: